Writing becomes second nature when you regularly craft different assignments. However, initially, composing assignments can be overwhelming and challenging for university students who have just graduated high school and are faced with different realities and struggles.
University or college students often struggle with part-time jobs, internships, and more. Unfortunately, these situations can result in their focus drifting away from their studies. As a result, many students start getting anxious and stressed about managing their assignments altogether.
A few years back, when I started university life, I used to be swamped with internships and assignments. Sometimes I even had to survive on three hours of sleep to attend back-to-back long lectures and tiring internship shifts. Thus, writing assignments amidst a stressful schedule can be extremely tiring.
So, in this blog, I’ve listed some impeccable ways to help you manage different tasks and academic assignments.
5 Effective Ways to Deal with Stress while Writing Academic Assignments
Stressing about writing assignments can cause students to develop serious mental illnesses. Research states that the frequency of depression, anxiety and stress among students is found at 75%, 88.4% and 84.4 %, respectively. Such mental illnesses take place due to some primary factors, which include –
● Struggle with body and mind insecurities
● Feelings of loneliness, homesickness
● Relationship difficulties
● Financial struggles
● Lack of proper methods to manage to multitask
● Pressure of studies
● Bullying, discrimination and other ill-treatment from people
● Career uncertainty after graduation
So, here are some tips you can follow to handle stress and write better assignment papers.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
Students are always prone to having a mixed lifestyle. Such a lifestyle means students avoid following a regular and disciplined schedule. However, this mixed lifestyle isn’t beneficial in the long run. It can worsen your health conditions, followed by an unhealthy mindset. Therefore, you must follow healthy habits to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here are some habits that you should follow –
● Eating a varied and healthy diet
● Try cycling, swimming or walking
● Get a proper 8-hour sleep
● Meditate to calm your senses
● Do not smoke or drink alcohol frequently
● Practice mind games
With these healthy habits, you can give yourself better surroundings. Such habits also help to clear your mind and increase focus. Furthermore, it allows you to explore new habits and ideas, which can help you write excellent assignments later.
2. Connect with others through socialising:
University life can bring new experiences, people, and groups to connect. However, these new changes can be overwhelming at times to deal with. In addition, face-to-face interactions or socialising can trigger a cascade of hormones that counteracts the body’s defensive ‘flight or fight’ mode. As a result, introverts often avoid such situations to lessen their stress or social anxiety.
However, if you do not socialise, you may miss many meaningful experiences. As a result, of not increasing your social circle, you may not get sufficient help or be able to seek advice to write your papers. So, to avoid missing essential connections, you must socialise with your peers. To socialise, you can practice some of these habits –
● Hang out or visit some new places with your classmates
● Talk and share your difficulties with your friends
● Ask for paper help while you are drafting important reports with your friends
● Communicate with your professors and mentors to seek assignment help online or offline
● Sign up for different courses or any workshops that allow you to communicate and sharpen your known skills with new tidbits
3. Invest quality leisure time:
Leisure time can help you to relax in various ways. Among them, watching films, reading new books and learning new skills are the prominent ones that cultivate new ideas. When setting leisure time for yourself, you must follow some strict pointers. The pointers are –
● Set a strict leisure time: Due to immense assignment pressure, many students use their free time to study ahead or overwork. But, this needs to be stopped. So, while setting a leisure time, you must entirely devote yourself to it. It would be best if you didn’t let any other obligations or responsibilities creep upon you.
● Try out new skills to enjoy your day: Have you felt a knack for learning something new? Then, invest your leisure time learning piano, photography or anything that makes you happy. While practising these habits, you never know; you may reward yourself with a hidden talent!
● Follow comics and more to keep your sense of humour: Humour brings out the ability to laugh at yourself. These methods can help you keep calm and fight stress in numerous ways.
● Read books and watch films: Films and books are the powerhouses of ideas. So, when you’re relaxing, reward yourself with a good read or watch the latest movies. Later, you can analyse and write a report on it.
4. Polish your time management skills:
Students are always in a hurry to finish their work, regardless of whether they have to complete assignments or engage in social activities. Due to this packed schedule, students feel anxious and worried about deadlines. However, some simple methods can help you to boost your business report writing, which are:
● Try creating a written schedule
● Break your tasks into manageable chunks
● Allocate yourself time for everyday socialising and relax
● Prioritise your assignments according to the urgency of the tasks
5. Take breaks from socials:
Social media sites have platforms for comparison. Every creator or blogger makes it seem as though they’re living a glamorous life to boost their engagements. Unfortunately, you may compare your life with theirs. Such comparisons can negatively impact you.
Furthermore, continuous emailing, texting and attending calls can be cumbersome. So, to avoid all these social frustrations, take a break. You can take a social break:
● By muting your mails
● By temporarily deactivating your social accounts
● By using focus apps to minimise distractions
● By limiting yourself to study apps
Assignments can bring an enormous amount of stress. However, some experts say that a bit of pressure can bring motivation. But, generally, it doesn’t happen. Students always feel overwhelmed, which brings continuous anxiety and frustration. That’s why you must try out these mentioned ways to lessen your struggles and stress.
Alongside, various AI tools like Grammarly, Cite It In, and FocusWriter strictly work on shaping better assignments. So, you can rely on these apps to increase your work pace. Initially, even I felt the same stress about assignments. But believe me, these stressful times are temporary. You’ll soon find yourself in a better place and deliver excellent assignments. All the best!
Author Bio: Charley Reiley is a student counsellor at a renowned university in the UK. He writes various articles on mental health and academic blogs for MyAssignmenthelp.com. In her free time, He loves to travel around with his friends.