Investing in your child’s education is the best lifetime gift you can give them. Education affects how a person thinks and deals with real-world situations. Educated people are respected in society.
In addition, education opens further career doors for your child. When you raise your children, you guarantee their future. However, finding the right school for your child can be a challenge, especially if you recently moved to Japan or want to transfer to a Japanese international school.
You can’t go wrong choosing a school for your child because the school contributes greatly to the quality of your child’s education, social, intellectual, emotional and physical development. Therefore, you should be passionate about choosing the right school for your child.
The first step in choosing the best schools in Tokyo is a list of the best schools in the area.
The following is a list of the best international schools in Tokyo recommended by experts;
1. The Global Indian International School in Tokyo
2. Clarence International School
3. The British School in Tokyo
4. Tamagawa Academy IB programs International School
5. Laurus International School
6. Kohana International school
7. Little Angels International School
8. Bunka Suginami Canadian International School
9. Yokohama International School
10. Saint Muar International School
Now that you have a list of the best international schools in Tokyo, how do you choose the best international school for your child?
Here are tips for choosing the right school for your child; You have to remember;
1. Your personal preferences
Which school should your child attend? You should list all of your school’s requirements. Then it makes sense to compare your expectations with what the school has to offer. For example, you may have a child with a physical disability. Therefore, you can be sure that the school will enroll your child in such a way that they have the capacity to accommodate your young child. This allows you to remove schools that do not meet your expectations from the list of international schools already available in Tokyo. This will help you narrow down the school to one that is more suitable for your child.
2. School location
Make sure you choose a school that is in the right place. When choosing a website, keep the following in mind:
1. Distance – Schools should be comfortable in terms of distance to and from school. You don’t want a school that your child has to attend forever, especially if they are full-time students. Take for example when your child has to walk 15 miles to school and another 15 miles to get home. 50 kilometers on the road! The child will not only be exhausted, but also lose a lot of time traveling.
2. Security – Your child’s safety, whether at home or at school, should be your number one priority. Make sure you enroll your child in a school in a safe environment. The school itself must ensure the safety of your child, from the availability of quality security fences to competent 24-hour security guards and clear rules about who has access to your child during school hours.
3. School Facilities
Be sure to choose a school for your child with appropriate play facilities to develop your child’s athletic talents, a library to provide access to more knowledge and information, and a laboratory to facilitate hands-on experiments, among other necessary facilities . It should be noted that if you have a child with a physical disability, you should be interested in the school’s buildings and structures. You need to make sure they allow your child to move easily from one area to another.
4. Quality of education
Isn’t education the main reason your child starts school? Therefore, you need to make sure that the school offers a quality universal education. But how do you judge the quality of a school’s education? It can be said that schools provide quality education through;
5. School success
You can request the school archives for their academic achievements over the last five years. Based on the document, you can make a reasoned assessment of the school’s academic performance.
6. Recommendations –
Most international schools, such as the Global Indian International School in Tokyo, have websites. If you visit this website, you will find recommendations from successful alumni. From their feedback you can tell a lot about the quality of education offered at this school.
Children spend most of their childhood and part of their adult life in school. Therefore, it affects their physical, emotional, social and spiritual growth. That’s why parents should consider this unique international school in Tokyo and consider these tips to choose the right school for their child.