The Canada Work Permit allows holders of Indian passports to live and work in Canada for a set duration under certain restrictions. Candidates have the option to submit their applications online or offline (on paper), or they can consult work visa consultants to cater to their particular needs and preferences. Applicants must submit the application form with the necessary documentation depending on the program. Foreign employees can only get hired by approved employers in Canada.
The official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), has all the necessary information for working in Canada, extending a work permit, and hiring a foreign worker. The IRCC is a government of Canada department for administering and managing Citizenship, Immigration, and Refugees in Canada. The portal can assist applicants from all across the world in determining whether or not they need a work permit to work in Canada. Applicants can also learn about their rights as foreign workers in Canada by visiting the website, or they can visit canada immigration consultants in bangalore to receive professional guidance.
Canada Work Permit Application
Depending on the applicant’s abilities, experience, and profile, a Work Permit application may or may not be required. If a work permit is necessary, the applicant can choose to apply online or offline, or through work visa consultants. Aspirants must submit a complete application form with all required documentation as part of the procedure.
Additionally, applicants must pay the necessary non-refundable visa fee along with the application. If necessary, IRCC may request that a candidate attend an interview at the Canadian Consulate in Delhi, Chandigarh, Kolkata, or Mumbai. Biometrics (fingerprints and photos) are not necessary for Indian passport holders to enter Canada as a worker. However, if IRCC requests additional documentation or explanation from an Indian applicant, the process could take up to 12 weeks or longer.
Online Application – You can apply for a Work Permit by completing the registration procedure and following the instructions on the IRCC’s official website, www.canada.ca.
Offline Application – The application can be completed in person at a Canada Visa Application Center in India. Consultants have offices in several Indian cities such as New Delhi, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Pune, and Kolkata.
Canada’s Work Permit Categories
Individuals who fall into the following categories are eligible for a Work Permit:
- Temporary employees: Depending on the applicant’s qualifications and the nature of the work, Canada issues Open Work Permits and Employer-specific Work Permits. Temporary employees can also modify or extend their work permits.
- Business: Work permits are necessary for business travellers, intra-company transferees, professionals, traders, and investors.
- Permanent residents: The Work Permit enables qualified individuals to immigrate to Canada as skilled employees (Express Entry).
- Students: International students have been permitted to work on-campus and/or off-campus as co-op students or interns based on specific criteria. Upon graduation, students can also apply for a post-graduation work permit or move to the United States through Express Entry.
- Agricultural workers: People hired under the Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program (SAWP) are eligible to apply for a Work Permit in Canada.
- International Experience Canada (IEC): Qualifying applicants can get invited to apply for a work visa through the International Experience Canada (IEC) pools.
Obtaining a Work Permit
Applicants must meet the following requirements to apply for a Work Permit:
- Offer of work
- Letter of invitation
- Medical exam certificate
- Specified papers
- Completed visa application form
- Valid passport or other IRCC-approved travel documents
- Completed consent form
- Proof of sufficient funds to support the visit
Documentation Fees for Work Permit Applications
For processing the application, you must pay the necessary fees. A non-refundable fee is variable and depends on the applicant’s nationality, visa category, application procedures, and other factors. Applicants have several options of fee payment choices, irrespective of filing online or offline applications. Canada immigration consultants in Bangalore also charge additional fees or service charges of visa consultants applied to applications submitted through them.
The following is the fee for a Work Permit application (in Canadian dollars):
- Work Permit (including extensions) per person: 85
- Work Permit (including extensions) group of performing artists (3 or more): 170
- Open Work Permit holder: 255
You can apply for the Canada work visa by following the steps outlined above and with the help of work visa consultants the process becomes easier. Just make sure to meet all of the requirements. It can take anything from 3 to 27 weeks for the visa to be completed once you submit the application and the required documents and attend the visa interview.