Downloading Source Images in FTM 2010-2017
In Family Tree Maker 2019 (FTM), you can download source images to add them to your family tree and use them as evidence for the information you have entered.
In this article, we will learn how to download source images in ftm 2010-2017 and how to merge duplicate peoples in family tree maker 2019.
Here are the steps to download source images in FTM:
- Open Family Tree Maker and open the tree that you want to add the source image to.
- Locate the person in the tree for whom you want to add the source image.
- Right-click on the person and select “Edit Person.”
- In the Edit Person screen, go to the “Sources” tab.
- Click on the “Add Image” button.
- A window will appear, where you can browse for the source image on your computer, or you can add an image from a website by providing the URL.
- Once you have selected the image, you can click on the “OK” button to add the image to the source.
- You can also add the image to the person’s gallery, by clicking on the “Attach to Gallery” button.
- Click “OK” to save the source and the image to the person’s profile.
It’s important to note that the image should be a reliable source and should be cited in the source tab, to keep track of the origin of the image, and the copyright. Also, it is better to use high-resolution images for better quality and the ability to zoom in for better viewing. You can easily merge duplicate peoples by following the above given process.
Merging Duplicate Individuals in FTM 1-3 and 2017 for Mac
Duplicate individuals can occur in a family tree when multiple people enter the same information or when a tree is imported from another source. In Family Tree Maker (FTM) 1-3 and 2017 for Mac, you can merge duplicate individuals to keep your tree accurate and organized. Here are the steps to merge duplicate individuals in FTM 1-3 and 2017 for Mac:
- Open Family Tree Maker and open the tree that contains the duplicate individuals.
- Locate the duplicate individuals in the tree.
- Right-click on one of the duplicate individuals and select “Merge Person.”
- A window will appear, displaying the duplicate individuals. Select the individual that you want to keep and click “OK.”
- The information from the duplicate individual will be merged with the selected individual, and the duplicate individual will be removed from the tree.
- Repeat this process for any additional duplicate individuals.
It is important to note that when merging duplicate individuals in ftm, it’s better to keep the one with the most information, and then add the missing information from the duplicate individual. Also, it’s better to review the information and sources of the individuals before merging to make sure they are referring to the same person, and avoid any inaccuracies.
Additionally, it’s important to make a backup of your ftm 2019 before merging individuals, in case any errors occur during the process. Backup of your family tree is an important part of this process.