A Malaysian eVisa is an electronic visa issued by the government of Malaysia that allows travelers to enter the country for tourism or business purposes. The eVisa can be applied for and issued electronically, without the need for a physical visa stamp or sticker in the passport. The eVisa is valid for up to three months from the date of issue and can be used for single or multiple entries into Malaysia. To apply for an eVisa, travelers typically need to provide personal information, passport details, and a recent photograph, as well as pay a processing fee.
Eligibility Criteria Malaysian eVisa for indian
Indian citizens are eligible to apply for a Malaysian eVisa if they meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid Indian passport with at least 6 months of remaining validity
- Have a confirmed return or onward flight ticket
- Have proof of accommodation in Malaysia, such as a hotel booking or letter of invitation from a host
- Have enough funds to cover the expenses of their stay in Malaysia
- Have a clean criminal record and not be on any security watchlists
- Have a valid credit or debit card for paying the eVisa fee
Note that these are the general eligibility criteria, and the government of Malaysia reserves the right to deny an eVisa application at their discretion.
Apply online for a Malaysian visa
To apply for a Malaysian eVisa online, follow these steps:
- Go to the official eVisa website for Malaysia and select the “eVisa” option.
- Choose the type of eVisa that you wish to apply for (e.g. Tourist eVisa, Business eVisa)
- Fill out the online application form with your personal information, passport details, and travel plans. You may also be required to upload a recent photograph and a copy of your passport bio-page.
- Pay the eVisa fee using a valid credit or debit card.
- Wait for the eVisa to be processed. This can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks.
- Once your eVisa is approved, you will receive an email notification with your eVisa attached.
- Print a copy of your eVisa and bring it with you when you travel to Malaysia.
Note: The process and requirement may vary by country, kindly check the official website of Malaysia Government for the most up-to-date information.